– September 2018
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
What we collect:
- Your medical information and next of kin details
- Your name, address, contact information, and personal information (e.g. age)
- Your student number
Why we collect it:
- So that we can try to prevent incidents (e.g. allergic reactions). If an incident does occur we can, as committee members, act accordingly and contact your relevant emergency contacts.
- So that we can contact you regarding your membership and trips, as well as, again, for medical purposes.
- To prove that you are a valid member of Solent University Southampton
What we do with it:
We will safely store your personal information for the length of the membership you have subscribed to. Only sharing it with trusted third parties such as BMC (British Mountaineering Counsel) that are required for the smooth operation of the club.
If you have any questions regarding your personal data and how we use it, or the third parties we share this with then please use the contact form to send us an email!