Code of Conduct
The climbing club is fully committed to safeguarding its members, ensuring a positive and enjoyable experience for all. The committee believes it is important that members, coaches, instructors and administrators associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Members are encouraged to be open at all times, and to share any concerns, grievances or complaints should be raised in confidence with a committee member.
As a member of Team Solent Climbing, you are expected to abide by the following code of practice:
- All members must take responsibility in ensuring they are familiar with current rules and adhere to them.
- Discrimination will not be tolerated, all members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Members should recognise the valuable contribution made by coaches, officials and committee who are often volunteers.
- All members must respect officials and publicly accept their decisions.
- All members should be a positive role model, treat other club members and officials with the same level of respect they would expect to receive.
- Use appropriate language at all times.
- Members are not allowed to smoke, consume alcohol or drugs on club premises.
- Members should arrive promptly for club trip departure to ensure they run as smoothly and effectively as possible.
- Members must wear suitable clothing and attire for training, you may be asked to remove safety hazards determined by a committee member or qualified instructor/coach.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events 24 hours before the event.
- Trips and events are run by club members for club members, any deviation, such as advertisement of trip vacancies to third parties, will be at the discretion of the committee.
- Bullying of any sort will not be tolerated.
- Refunds are subject to committee ruling (for more details see club policy).