Date(s) - 06/10/2017 - 08/10/2017
Barn Farm Campsite
This is going to be an amazing weekend of climbing/scrambling in The Peak District. All abilities are welcome including complete novice / new members.
We will be staying in a bunk house where we will have some facilities including a kitchen (utensils), toilets, heating, however please bring your own towels and bedding.
Activities over the course of this weekend will be weather dependent, if the weather provides an unsafe outdoor environment we will visit indoor centres at individual expense. We will likely visit Awesome Walls and/or The Works on the Saturday and Sunday respectively. However hopefully we’ll be able to stay outdoors as much as possible, so please bring lots of warm layers!
Sign up below now as there are limited spaces!
Remember the trips are designed for everyone and we encourage everyone to come along J
If this is your first trip with the club or your 50th, please have a read:
· Please be outside the Solent Uni library at 4pm, the bus will be leaving at 6pm sharp. It is a 4 hour journey, we will have a couple of quick stops for the toilet and food.
· Pack lightly (packing list below) as there is limited space on the bus. This allows more people to go.
Here are essential items not to forget (some items linked to go-outdoors – we have one in Southampton!):
· Waterproof jacket
· Walking boots (or rugged shoes)
· Extra socks to take out scrambling with you.
· Day sac (a bag to carry each day. Aprox 25L to 45L in size)
· Warm layers (including a jumper) are essential!
· Trousers for walking in (ideally not jeans)
· Money for buying your food. (We will stop at a supermarket on-route to buy all the food for the weekend.)
· Sleeping bag and pillow case (mattresses and other bedding is provided)
· Towel (a small one)
Non-essential but might be nice depending on weather:
· Beanie hat
· Gloves (strongly recommended)
+ the usual bits like, underwear, wash kit, teddy bear.
If you have any questions then please just post them on the clubs Facebook page or ask on Thursday evening at our weekly meet.
|There are 15 of 15 spaces remaining||Attendee List
Bookings are closed for this event.