Date(s) - 10/10/2014 - 12/10/2014
4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Bach Ventures Bunk House
FINAL PLANS AND PACKING LIST
If this is your first trip with the club or your 50th, please have a read:
- Please be outside the Solent Uni library at 4.25pm, the bus will be leaving at 4.30pm sharp. It is a 6 hour journey, we will have a couple of quick toilet stops.
- Pack lightly (packing list below) as there is limited space on the bus. This allows more people to go.
Here are essential items not to forget (some items linked to go-outdoors – we have one in Southampton!):
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof Trousers
- Walking boots (or rugged shoes)
- Extra socks to take out scrambling with you.
- Day sac (a bag to carry each day. Aprox 25L to 45L in size)
- A couple of warm layers (including a jumper)
- Trousers for walking in (ideally not jeans)
- Money for buying your food. (We will stop at a supermarket on-route to buy all the food for the weekend.)
- Climbing shoes
- Sleeping bag (mattresses and other bedding is provided)
- Towel (a small one will do to save space)
- You will also need a harness and helmet, if you don’t have either of these then please post a comment below on this page (once logged in) to say what you need to borrow. If you don’t comment then it wont be packed for you!
Non-essential but might be nice depending on weather:
- Beanie hat
- Gloves (strongly recommended)
+ the usual bits like, underwear, wash kit, teddy bear.
If you have any questions then please just post them on the clubs facebook page or ask on Thursday evening at the weekly meet.
This is going to be an amazing weekend of climbing and scrambling in Snowdonia. All abilities are welcome including complete novice / new members.
We will be staying in a bunk house both nights where we will have all facilities including a kitchen, toilets, heating and a local pub! The only catch is that 5 of the 15 will need to sleep in a tent on the second night (3 people have already volunteered to do this), but every one will still be in the bunk house eating and drinking together all night.
Sign up below now as there is limited space.
This is for members only, if you’re not yet a member then pay for your annual membership here now before you sign up.
|There are 14 of 14 spaces remaining
Bookings are closed for this event.