Date(s) - 03/02/2017 - 05/02/2017
4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Categories No Categories
This is going to be a brilliant weekend of climbing and hiking in the beautiful Beacon Beacons! All abilities are welcome including complete novices/new members.
We will be staying in an activity center overlooking a beautiful lake, it has all the usual facilities including a kitchen (with cooking utensils), toilet and heating.
Activities over the course of this weekend (weather dependent), will include a day climbing indoors at the fantastic LLangorse Climbing centre (https://www.activityuk.com/) and a day hiking/scrambling in the Beacons.
Sign up below now as there are limited spaces!
Remember the trips are designed for everyone and we encourage everyone to come along!
If this is your first trip with the club or your 50th, please have a read:
· Please be outside the Solent Uni library at 4pm, the bus will be leaving at 4pm sharp. It is a 3 hour journey, we will have a couple of quick stops for the toilet and food.
· Pack lightly (packing list below) as there is limited space on the bus. This allows more people to go.
Here are essential items not to forget (some items linked to go-outdoors – we have one in Southampton!):
· Waterproof jacket
· Waterproof Trousers
· Walking boots (or rugged shoes)
· Extra socks to take out scrambling with you.
· Day sac
· A couple of warm layers
· Trousers for walking in (ideally not jeans)
· Money for buying your food
· Climbing shoes
· Sleeping bag and pillow case (mattresses and other bedding is provided)
· Towel (a small one)
Non-essential but might be nice depending on weather:
· Beanie hat
· Gloves (strongly recommended)
+ the usual bits like, underwear, wash kit, teddy bear.
If you have any questions then please just post them on the clubs Facebook page or ask on Thursday evening at the weekly meet.
|There are 14 of 14 spaces remaining||Attendee List
Bookings are closed for this event.